Sunday, March 24, 2013

Underhammer Rifle 50cal.

Here are some pictures of my Blue Grouse Underhammer rifle I have. 
 Here is the picture of the action showing the Lyman 57 Sight stock.

 The stock and forarm are different makes of wood I am either going to try and stain the stock darker to match the forarm or I will make a new forarm, haven't decided yet because it doesn't affect the way it shoots.

 Laying next to the the Gun is a Rang rod I made out of 3/8 Brass rod. I drilled and taped the end of it so i could switch jags out. I have made two of these rods, this one is made specifically for my underhammer as i cut it down shorter than my other on to just fit it.
 This is the Lyman 57 peep sight. adjustable for wind-age and elevation. I might add that you can remove the peep sight by pushing a button on the side of it. The base stays but it out of the way of your other iron sights.
 The Marbles full buckhorn sight. Next week I hope to get my new front sight in the mail it is going to be a white bead.







No comments:

Post a Comment